Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Narrator: II.

The Narrator says, "I am telling my story, but it is yours as well."

The Narrator studies culture as if it were a Rubik's Cube. The impossible problem no one can solve. S/he looks for answers to the cultural code in pop radio and 4/4 time. S/he finds them in the stories of first and second generations of American born immigrants. S/he says, "The answers are programmed into your helix and curves. Deoxyribonucleic acid. A message from your ancestors in a language of chemicals."

The Narrator is stuck and can't leave. More accurately, The Narrator refuses to leave. It is the same song, played in infinitum. S/he says, "I wrote this message to you, but it was written for me from the very beginning. I just didn't know at the time. . ."

The Narrator is secretly and hopelessly wistful, although the common observer would never know.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment